Make your own Stereo Rig with variable stereo base!
The Stereoscopy blog made an article to help the people who want to make their own 3D camera.
The invention of Stereoscopy
The Brian May Archive of Stereoscopy (UK) hosted by Birkbeck, University of London is giving an educational 3-D presentation titled ‘Did You Know Stereoscopy Was Invented Before Photography?‘. It will be live on Zoom (with side-by-side parallel-view images) from 18:00 BST. No registration will be necessary, just click this link.
Interview with Denis Pellerin
The online Classic Platform, by the Classic magazine (EU), is releasing an exclusive interview with Denis Pellerin on an early French stereo photographer, with a link to a free accompanying online book, hosted by The Stereoscopy Blog.
Special Gallery and Discounts
The London Stereoscopic Company (UK) is sharing a special online gallery for June 2022, using 3-D images from the Brian May Archive of Stereoscopy. They are also offering an exclusive 21% discount on all products in their store until 18:00 BST on the 24th June. Please visit their website for offers and shipping details.
The OnAHillRoad (UK) Etsy store is offering ‘3D BOOK: On a Hill Road – Scotland c.1902’ with a special 20% discount for the entire Stereoscopy Day using the code: STEREODAY2022. Please visit their Etsy store for shipping details.
Meeting in 3D
The Stereoscopic Society (UK) is holding a Zoom meeting for their members from 19:30 BST to present their Annual Exhibition and celebrate the life and works of 3-D wildlife photographer Pat Whitehouse.
Special posts & story
To end, there are some in-person events around the world:
- The Sydney Stereo Camera Club (Oz3D) will be one of the first on the day to celebrate by holding a special Wheatstone-themed members’ meeting. The meeting is at the Five Dock Senior Citizens Centre, 422 Lyons Road, Five Dock, commencing at 20:00 AEST.
ITALY (Traduzione automatica)
- RoccaVintage fotografia d’arte, via Della Rocca 20, 10123 Torino, is hosting an exhibition dedicated to stereo photography, ILLUSOFIA, curated by Frederico Bollarino, from May 24th until October 2022. Entry is free but appointments need to be booked in advance via email or by texting (sms +39.3484105138) the gallery.
- Professor Nick Wade is giving a special talk and demonstration with the University of Dundee Museums “The Birth of the Stereoscope – The Dundee Dimension”. He’ll be examining the contributions of Wheatstone and Brewster to the art and science of stereoscopic vision, as well as the bitter personal rivalry between the two men. Some original stereoscopes from the University Museum Collections and Professor Wade’s own private collection will also be on display. The talk is at the D’Arcy Thompson Lecture Theatre, DD1 4HN, starting at 18:00 BST, free entry. You can register for this event on EventBrite.
- New York
- The New York Stereoscopic Association (NYSA) members are holding an informal show and tell meeting at Logan’s Run bar, Park Slope, Brooklyn, 19:00 – 21:00 EDT. Attendees are invited to bring along 3-D imagery or items to share. Please see this link for details.
- The Penumbra Foundation, 30th St, are hosting Parallax Shift (Ilicia) from 19:30 EDT, for demonstrations and discussions. Attendees are invited to bring along 3-D imagery or items to share. Please email Parallax Shift for details and registration.